My incredible friends at the Little Saigon Foundation are hiring, check it out!
Little Saigon San Diego Foundation
Little Saigon San Diego Foundation is seeking a few high-caliber individuals to coordinate a Community Needs Assessment Survey. The survey will gather input from community members in order to facilitate the creation of appropriate services “designed by the community for the community”.
PAID Short-term Vietnamese Community Organizing
PAID Short-term PT/FT Vietnamese Community Organizing for Community Needs Assessment Survey
The LITTLE SAIGON FOUNDATION OF SAN DIEGO is looking for a few high caliber Vietnamese individuals with strong organizational leadership experience to coordinate several community service and outreach projects for the Fall of 2013.
Position: Community Organizer
Term: October – March, 2014 (projects may extend beyond this term)
Pay: $1,500 to $4,000 depending on experience, merit, actual work load.
• *Fully Bi-lingual in English/Vietnamese: Read/Write/Speak both languages (*please do not apply if you do not have this language requirement. Thank you)
• Leadership Experience in Community or Student Organizations.
• Able to recruit, manage volunteers
• Great writing and verbal communication skills
• Work well with people
• Outgoing, adventurous, willing to dive into new experiences
• Goal-oriented and result-driven
• Access to reliable transportation
• Flexible hours including nights and weekends
• Comfortable speaking in front of a crowd.
Individuals of the following disciplines are encouraged to apply: business management, law, social work, social justice, psychology, public health, ethnic studies, and other general social sciences.
Duties includes but are not limited to:
• Coordinate a Community Survey to address the needs of Residents, Business, and City Heights Youths
• Recruit and Manage volunteers
• Outreach and recruit community members to meetings
• Coordinate and facilitate Community Meetings
• Speak in front of community meetings
How to Apply
1. Send resume, cover letters, and leadership assessment (all documents in PDF format)
2. *Cover Letters: one in English, one in Vietnamese (500 words max for each).
3. Complete the Leadership Assessment by clicking here. (Scan to PDF and submit along with cover letters and resume)
o Approach Residents on the street to obtain survey responses
o Meet Business Owners in Little Saigon District to obtain survey responses
Little Saigon San Diego Foundation Job Posting
Contact Fax to: Email Inquiries to:
Frank Vuong (619) 599-0733 email@example.com